MADISON, Wis. (CBS 58) — The Office of Tourism introduced $280,607 was awarded in Joint Effort Marketing and advertising (JEM) grants.
According to a news release, JEM grants provide partnership funding to assistance nonprofit Wisconsin businesses promote tourism, such as 501(c)(6) organizations these as Convention and Visitor Bureaus and Chambers of Commerce.
“Wisconsin’s tourism field carries on to make strides toward restoration when contributing to the extended-phrase economic accomplishment of our state,” stated Governor Tony Evers. “These JEM grants will proceed to uplift communities across the state while even more solidifying Wisconsin as a prime tourism location for outdoor recreation, festivals and the arts.”
With five rounds of grants throughout the 12 months, the JEM grants are aspect of an ongoing program to ignite jobs and grow economic influence.
“This round of JEM grants characteristics fascinating activities that are sure to enable in-condition and out-of-state travelers make memories,” mentioned Secretary-designee Anne Sayers. “Here’s to placing Wisconsin’s celebratory character on whole exhibit while driving economic influence for nearby communities.”
Joint Work Marketing and advertising Grant Recipients:
- Experience Throughout Wisconsin, Wisconsin Bike Fed – awarded $39,550
- Taste N Glow Balloon Fest, Wausau/Central Wisconsin Convention & Readers Bureau – awarded $29,663
- Art Escape, Bayfield Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Bureau – awarded $29,763
- 62nd Yearly Art at the Park YR2, Trout Museum of Artwork – awarded $5,000
- Place Fest 2022, Chippewa Falls Area Chamber of Commerce – awarded $30,000
- Wisconsin Arts and Peony Pageant, Beaver Dam Chamber of Commerce – awarded $7,381
- U.S. Open Chainsaw Sculpture Championship, Visit Eau Claire – awarded $30,000
- Rock Fest 2022, Chippewa Falls Space Chamber of Commerce – awarded $30,000
- Stormy Kromer: Evolution of a Classic, Leigh Yawkey Woodson Artwork Museum – awarded $28,250
- Northwoods Tumble Ride, Tomahawk Regional Chamber of Commerce – awarded $30,000
- Antigo Lions Roaring Raceway Championship Off-Road Race Function, Antigo Lions Club, Inc., – awarded $20,000
- Dino Daze YR2, Environmentally friendly Lake Renewal, Inc. – awarded $1,000
A information launch goes on to say, a JEM grant is usually a catalyst for communities, giving them the means to faucet into the energy of travel to make a reliable impact on their economic climate and develop employment for its people.
The up coming spherical of apps for JEM grants will be accepted via August 1, 2022. For a lot more data on the JEM system, all deadlines and application products, check out sector.travelwisconsin.com.
In fiscal 12 months 2021, the Division funded 45 JEM initiatives, awarding $1,130,000 million statewide.